Thursday, March 26, 2009

Is it possible?


Is it possible to learn to farm approproiately within two years and then begin to teach it to others with some expertise? Is it possible to find six students who are interested enough in the 11-week experience that they are willing to pay for it? Is it possible to jam into those 11 weeks 3 full-sized curriculums: Homesteading, Urban Agriculture and Leadership Development? I am expectant. A few days ago, In my journal, I wrote something that I had no idea I was writing until the last 4 letters. I kid you not, it was bizarre... like "writing in tongues" or a glitch in the Matrix. The words that came out of my pen were, "everything is expected". They've grown on me, and in me. They've become a source of confidence. I am expectant. My heart wells up with excitement thinking about what could happen this summer... what 6 energetic, thought-full young adults could bring to our hodge-podge decoupage of large-hearted willing, workers. I am expectant.
Mel


To find the project application and forms, visit Common Ground Church after April 1.

For more information, join the Agri-Culture Summer Project group on Facebook.

1 comment:

Modern Mighty Man said...

Was it possible? Did you guys get anybody? I think what your doing is amazing. We have similar dreams out at the Holler. I'd love to chat with you sometime about all that you have going on.

Justin Rhodes
HollerMinistries.com
828-651-9827